Transform Your Stress: the Resilience Advantage - Strategies for Managing Stress in Challenging Times
Stress affects people physically, mentally and emotionally. Many Albertans have identified feeling stressed with the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic. This introductory course includes a basic discussion of stress plus looks at different ways to manage stress, including 2 HeartMath® breathing techniques.
Led by AHS Certified professionals, this interactive workshop will:
1. Discuss the stress response;
2. Identify warning signs of stress;
3. Help participants make an action plan to address their own stress;
4. Review how emotions impact the body, brain, and overall health;
5. Demonstrate 2 practical stress-relieving breathing techniques;
6. Discuss how resilience can be enhanced through regular use of the breathing tools.
Presenter: Joanne Simpson Joanne Simpson have been working for AHS Addiction and Mental in and Strathmore for over 12 years. Joanne?s background is in Psychology and Disabilities Studies and is a certified HeartMath instructor
Please submit your advanced questions in the "comments" section when registering to attend this FREE event for members. In addition to submitting your advanced questions, there will be a brief opportunity for attendees to ask live questions upon the conclusion of the formal presentation.
Date and Time
Tuesday Feb 9, 2021 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM MST
What if the date/time of this event does not work for me?
No need to miss out, simply complete the registration and you will receive a link to the recording following the event.
You can even share the recording link with your team!
Please mention you will not be in attendance in the comment section.